I’ve been tagged for the Sunshine Award! Again, as it turns out. I did this back in 2010 according to my archives, but who cares? It seem to have changed a great deal, and I love memes and questionnaires and shit like this!
(In other words: feel free to send silly stuff my way)
This time I’ve been tagged by no less than two people: Erica and Darnielle.
Sunshine Award Rules
* You have to post a picture of the Sunshine Award in the blog post.
* Post 11 random facts about yourself.
* Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
* Nominate 11 wonderful bloggers.
* Write 11 questions for them to answer.
* Also let the bloggers you nominated know you have nominated them.
11 random facts about me
1. I’m slightly obsessed with earrings, especially huge dangly ones. Last time I counted I had +50 pairs!
2. I also have a thing for nail polish. I love painting my nails and have quite the collection.
3. I’ll eat anything except red onions. Other onions are bad too, but they’re at least tolerable. Red onions though are the food of Satan.
4. I’m an only child. I liked it when I was a kid, but now that I’m an adult I would actually love to have siblings.
5. I’m left-handed. Only thing my right hand is good for is controlling computer mice, and that’s only because when I first started using computers I had no choice. Nowadays I can actually use computer mice with either hand, so if I sit too long and get a sore shoulder or something I just move the mouse to the other hand. People get so surprised when they see me do it. It’s like my super power.
6. I find my natural hair colour pretty boring (a dark muddy brown) so I always keep it dyed. Right now it’s red for example.
7. I grew up close to one of the biggest rapids in Europe. There are lots of tourists there in the summer, mostly Germans for some reason.
8. I used to compete in orienteering as a teen. That is the one sport that suits me perfectly – no team, no arena, no audience. Just me, my map, my compass and the seemingly endless forest.
9. As most visitors probably know already I’m a HUGE Tolkien geek, and not just the books. I actually own a life size replica of Sting!
10. I’m a night owl by nature. Night time is when I’m at my best.
11. My favourite type of dogs are the sighthounds, or gazehounds as they’re also called. I’m the proud owner of a whippet and am dreaming of one day having a saluki or borzoi.
Erica’s 11 quesitons
I’ll begin with Erica’s questions since she tagged me like a whole month ago.
1. How long have you been blogging?
Oh dear… Off and on for about 10 years now.
2. What is the name of your first website/blog or the first username you can remember using?
My first website, which I made some time in the late 90′s, was named Sagi-tazi. My first username was the same I think. It was what I used to call myself on mIRC, haha!
3. What is the inspiration or reasoning behind the name of your blog?
I love rock and metal. I’m also a huge fan of witches, magic and the supernatural in general. So I came up with “rockwitch” because that’s kinda what I am – a rock n’ roll witch.
4. What is your main goal as a blogger/for your blog?
The whole reason I even have a blog is to widen my horizons and get to know people from all over the world. That’s also why I blog in English rather than my own language. There are no goals set really, I just roll with it and try to have fun.
5. What are your other hobbies aside from blogging?
Mucking about with my pets, drawing, reading, and gaming.
6. If you were to write a book, what style of book would it be?
Fantasy, duh! I’d like to write a wonderfully magical fairy tale style book, like Neil Gaiman’s Stardust.
7. What is something tangible that you have created that you are proud of?
All (most) of my drawings I guess.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.”
9. If money was no object, what would you be doing at this very moment?
Strolling around in London, on my way to have dinner at some nice restaurant.
10. What was your favorite movie or television show growing up?
Me and my best friend were OBSESSED with Beauty and the Beast. (The TV show, not the Disney movie) Speaking of Disney, we were also OBSESSED with The Lion King.
11. If you could have any talent with no practice required, what would it be?
Singing maybe? That would be nice.
Darnielle’s 11 questions
1. Do you speak any languages other than English? If so, which one(s) and how well?
Swedish is my first language so naturally I’m fluent in that. I understand Norwegian, but that’s only because it’s so similar to Swedish. I can curse in Finnish, but nothing else. I speak a little (emphasis on little) German. I also understand a bit of French, as in I can read a text in French and probably understand what it’s about, but I can’t really follow when people speak it or speak/write it myself.
2. Do you like your handwriting? (Provide a sample if you like!)
Eh, I’ve seen worse.
3. What are you afraid of, if anything?
Getting some horrible untreatable disease.
4. What is your favourite smell?
Anything vanilla. I also really like how the forest smells after heavy rain.
5. Did you have any pets growing up? If so, what were they and their names?
Mum is a crazy cat lady so at her house there was a bunch of cats. Their names were Missan, Pelle, Ketty, Sudden and Nisse. Nisse is still alive, a grumpy old bastard of 19 years.
Dad on the other hand had/have dogs. Cairn terriers, a funny little breed. The first one was Kajsa, then there was Safira and Myran. Now he has two named Timjan and Doris.
6. Do you prefer sweet, salty or savoury snacks?
7. Which of the seven deadly sins is the one you engage in most often (lust, greed, gluttony, wrath, envy, pride or sloth)?
Sloth. No wait, that’s the dog. *Looks at bowl of crisps on table* Gluttony. Definitely gluttony.
8. What was/is your favourite subject at school?
9. What is your favourite song at this very moment?
The Nameless One by Volbeat
10. Can you draw?
I like to think so.
11. Imagine that you have unlimited funds to build your own house. Describe what it’d be like.
Oooh… Something like this probably. I like wooden houses, but grey/brown stone is nice too. As much natural material as possible. Not too huge, one floor would be enough. All I need is a kitchen, a living room, a bedroom and a library/art room. Markus would probably want a room for this stuff too. Huge yard, with space for some chickens and maybe a couple of goats.
And it would be built somewhere along The High Coast, on a hillside with a great view. Rural enough to have plenty of roaming space but still close enough to a city to not be completely cut off.
Alyssa of Lyss.me
Angelica of Whirlwind.nu
Angie of This Muse Is Taken
Angie of Lariats and Lavender
Kim of Chimmyville
Cathrine of Untried.net
Carolynne of Just Like Magic
Manda of Break the Sky
Kya of Kya.nu
Sammy of Autumn Star
DeeDee of Crumple Lucinda
Of course it’s voluntary, so feel no pressure to do it if you’re not interested or have already done it.
My questions for you
1. If you had to move to another country, where would you go and why?
2. What’s your dream pet? Wild animals and fantasy creatures included.
3. Why do you use that particular blogging platform (WordPress, Blogger etc.)? What’s good/bad about it?
4. Do you code your own layouts or do you use premades?
5. Describe your style.
6. What’s your favourite fruit?
7. Have you ever broken a bone?
8. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
9. What is your computer wallpaper of? Show us a screenshot if you feel like it.
10. If you could change your eye color, would you?
11. What’s the most awesome thing you’ve ever done?